Montreal Digital Spring (Printemps Numérique) is proud to present ISEA2020 from May 19 to 24, 2020 in Montreal. ISEA is one of the world’s most prominent international arts and technology events, bringing together scholarly, artistic, and scientific domains in an interdisciplinary discussion and showcase of creative productions applying new technologies in art, interactivity, and electronic and digital media.
- 30 h per week
- Start date: January 20, 2020
- Competitive salary in the field
PN is looking for an organized assistant to support the Academic chairs in the Academic Programming of ISEA2020. You will report directly to both ISEA2020’s general coordinator and the academic chairs and will be responsible for all matters regarding the academic symposium.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Previous to the event
- Assisting the academic and artistic chairs in the administration of Easychair
- Assisting the academic and artistic chairs on the programming of panels and paper presentations
- Assisting the artistic chairs on the programming or artistic presentations
- Coordinating the content of ISEA2020 Proceedings and coordinating the team members involved in the production of such document
During the event
- Assisting the academic chairs in the smooth flow of panels and presentations
- Coordinating volunteers for panels and presentations
The ideal candidate is an organized collaborator who is able to work independently, and well versed in the academic and artistic fields of media art. A strong knowledge in media art project management is necessary for the position. Must possess solid writing skills, be detail-oriented, and able to multitask on overlapping projects. Previous experience organizing academic conferences or symposia is as asset.
Master degree in fine arts, communication, art history, curatorial studies or a related field. 2-years experience in a non-profit and/or public art or educational institution is an asset. Relevant alternative experience will be considered.
To submit your application, please email the following documents in PDF format:
- Your CV
- A letter of motivation
- The names and contact information (email, phone number) for three references
Please submit your application to:
ISEA2020 General Coordinator
The offer will remain open until the position is filled.